Monday, February 14, 2011

[PART 10] Do unto others....

I was jonesin' for a soda real bad so I dug in my purse and grabbed two bucks. I just did it. I went in the break room and bought two sodas. My favorite, and my nemesis' favorite. Lord knows I grit my teeth so hard at times with him that the dentist remarks on my teeth being worn from doing it.

I leaned over and set it on his desk.

"What, you get an extra?" he laughed.

"Nope...I got it for you," I replied and sat back down.

"Ah, thanks," he smiled.

Did it have that Subway magic moment? No...but he'd ignored me all day until then. And now he's talking to me...even sent me a cool video.

One small act of kindness....just one $0.55 gesture can turn an attitude around. From three thousand to less than a buck. It's the meaning behind the gesture that makes the stride. Remember that, folks...

Part 11 - Giving Only to Give

2 comments:

  1. I have done some minor givings...nothing cashy...but gestures and the attitude amongst the not-so nice folks I spoke of has changed! For the most part. :) It has made things alot more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete