Wednesday, February 23, 2011

[PART 17] Waterside Serendipity

From John:
"Just got back.  Really nice serendipity.  Only thing I didn't do was get an email address or give them mine.  they would have probably shared on the blog or emailed, as did Susanne.  I'm still learning how to do this!
I went to Le Tub (  http://www.theletub.com/ ) with the usual suspects--my dad, neighbor/buddy genie, and her daughter, Trina.  We arrived before opening time, but still the lot was half full and people already were plunked down at their water-side tables on the Intra-Coastal Canal, and had snatched up all but one table.  A 3 seater (2 people bench on one side, short bench on the other side).  Oh well, I thought, we'll make it work.  The waitress saw me on a 3 top and asked, "how many?" and I said "Four". She said okay and left, because they still weren't open or serving.   After about 30 seconds, a couple in a great table ahead of me along the railing by the water said, "Would you like us to move?"  We heard you have 4 and we're only 2".  I thanked them profusely for that unsolicited, very thoughtful gesture, and we switched tables.  I now had a primo table, thanks to the good hearts of this couple.
Well, my gang arrived, and we ordered drinks, and by that time I knew it was time to look into my magic bag and pass on the good energy (or at least try!  It doesn't always work out the way you hope it will).  I saw some of the cards I had in the bag, and I turned around and said, "Excuse me?  If you had to choose, would it be Chipotle, Starbucks, Panera bread?"  Stares.  I snuck a look back into may bag, and they still had no idea what this was about. "Uhhh, how about...PJChang's??" Their response was immediate.  "Oh we LOVE PF Chang's!" so out came the beautiful little bag with a PF Chang's gift card in it, and I said, "here you are.  I want you to have this and enjoy it".  The man graciously was shaking his head,"No, we can't take that", but I explained that I had been given an overwhelming gift of these many cards and that I wanted to-- "Pay it forward!", she finished my sentence.  They were truly touched, and it was another great moment for all of us (except for maybe my Dad, who might have been saying, "Idiot"under his breath.  Maybe he ws just clearing his throat).
Long story short, it was another good gifting! 
PF Changs for the seat giving couple!

After our meal, come check time, our waitress, Karen received a big tip, which I left with the check money on the table.  She was so busy that on the way out, I had to find her and quickly surprise her with, "Karen, quick, Starbuck's, Panera bread, PJ Chang's, Chipotle, Bed bath and Beyond--" Ding ding. "Bed bath and Beyond" she said.  Pop goes the card into her hand, smiles and happiness from Karen.
Karen, who is going to buy some COOL stuff from Bed Bath & Beyond!
  And another score for the Little Bag that Could.  It has given so much to so many now.  Not least of all, me.
Pics are attached, Po-girl." (and for those who don't know why he called me that, it's because I called myself that today. I'm moving and I'm broke, LOL. All is well though! Love LOVE the new place....which...btw...will have something to do with the PART 16 story....so stay tuned!

Part 18 - Fun at Flanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment