Saturday, February 12, 2011

[PART 6] Putting it to the Test

I'll be honest...today has been pretty damned rotten. I had a hard day with some of the folks who don't act very nice to me.  John advised me on some Tolle and sent me a link and also reminded me about my "The Four Agreements" stuff on not taking things personally.

SO...lunchtime. I was calmed down but still glad to be out of the place and going to get some food. I headed toward Subway. It was packed. I only have a thirty minute lunch so it was like "UGH"...and I got to thinking of The Little Bag That Could. I told myself that I was going to pay for the entire meal of the very next person who walked in the door. Albeit, it was going to be a stranger and maybe nobody would come in but I was resolute.

Fate does funny things, does it not? One of those "not so pleasant" people walked right in the door. I didn't even choose them. The Universe did. We were down to seven minutes. It was my turn to pay and I already saw what she got and her chips and drink.

"Well..." she was stymied, "you didn't have to do that...." and I saw her cheeks flush with embarassment. I just smiled at her and shrugged. She thanked me, and I ran out the door with my sandwich.

In that moment...to my surprise...I felt close to her, I felt her emotions (I'm an empath) and all my hurt and bitterness I'd ever had toward her for being unfriendly just...went away....

No pic to share but I hope she will enjoy her lunch.
Give the SUBWAY® Cash Card as a gift today!photo copyright - Subway.

Part 7 - Secret Surprise
Important Set of Words About the Power of Giving

6 comments:

  1. Just got an email from her:

    "Thank you so much for lunch that was very sweet of you!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hooooo!! Big Yayy for you, sweet dreamer. And you felt closer to her, and she you! How's that for a magic bag teaching tool? And you performed bag-less! transformational, transcendent, and inspirational. I will follow in your footsteps.
    The world sparkled a little brighter when you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bag over my shoulder...doesn't that count? *laughs*....yeah, it's the concept that makes the difference. You mean you're going to Subway for lunch? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good. You've shortened the gap between souls. Don't allow the gap to grow back to that negative place. She's changed now, too. Dare I say,pick a new victim and try that stunt again?

    ReplyDelete